Hot Springs 1891 Union Depot


(Click on The Picture to Zoom)

In the summer of 1891 the railroads brought their first train into town, the Elkhorn whistling in first and the Burlington coming about a month later. The two corporations had been bitter rivals during the buildings of their extensions into the Hills but once they reached the limpid water of Fall River, the peaceful waters influenced them and they united amicably to build a common passenger depot, “The smallest union station in the world.”

A Chicago & North Western was the last train to leave Hot Springs on November 4, 1938.

Center map

Decimal Degrees: 43.4359727, -103.4813404

error: Content is protected !!