DIANA MINE


(click on picture to enlarge)

The Gorman Family – John, and his cousins Tom and Luke – were the first to arrive in this area, emigrating from Canada in 1876. They soon struck a lode and named it the Diana Mine. “Gorman’s Camp” eventually became Silver City, boasting a population of over 300 and serving as the social and economic hub for the area.

Center map

DECIMAL DEGREES: 44.08832, -103.57075

error: Content is protected !!