CEMENT RIDGE FIRE TOWER


(Click on the Picture to Zoom)

The original Cement Ridge fire lookout was built between 1911 and 1913. At that time it was a one-room log cabin with a shingle roof. In 1921, a crow’s nest with a glassed-in house was constructed. A new lookout was built by the Civilian Conservations Corps and finished in 1941.

Center map

Decimal Degrees: 44.3547455, -104.0752748

Links:

WestLookOuts

Facebook

SDPB

Anne’s Travels

Custer Free Press

Historic Sites

error: Content is protected !!